Blockchain is still in demand, getting certified is more important than ever.
As a well provisioned test taker, pre-sales engineer and technical trainer I wanted to write a short review on the 101Blockchains Course and Certification and how you could become a Certified Enterprise Blockchain Architect (CEBA).
This post covers the following topics about the CEBA certification.
- What is the Certified Enterprise Blockchain Architect (CEBA)
- What you will learn
- What to Expect of the CEBA Certification Content
- TOP FIVE REASONS TO TAKE THE CEBA Certification NOW!
- Taking the Certification Exam
Lets get started!
Certified Enterprise Blockchain Architect (CEBA)
Whether you’re a CIO, pre-sales engineer, solution engineer or IT-focused customer-facing expert, knowing how to speak blockchain is going to a required skill, especially for large VARs, vendors, integrators, etc.
This certification course is perfect for developers, engineers and IT professionals who want to broaden their skill set.
This certification course is ideal for technology-focused engineers, application developers, IT administrators, or anyone wanting to obtain the Certified Enterprise Blockchain Architect (CEBA) certification.
The link for the certification course is here on 101Blockchains
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
What’s covered to enable you to become a Certified Enterprise Blockchain Architect (CEBA):
- Blockchain Architecture basic and advanced concepts such as development
- Choose appropriate blockchain systems for various use cases
- Understanding customer requirements and how to use a blockchain decision tree
- Work effectively with both public and permissioned blockchain systems such as Ethereum and Hyperledger.
- Resources to help study for the exam (Practice Exam and Review)
- Objectives of the Certified Enterprise Blockchain Architect (CEBA) exam
Certified Enterprise Blockchain Architect (CEBA
The demand for blockchain expertise is multifold, the myth that the demand is for “developers” is false.. If your a developer and know Node.js, PHP, etc then your in great shape to hop on over to the blockchain world..
However, if your not a developer there is still plenty of room for you on the blockchain such as a blockchain architect or blockchain analyst. Companies have increasing placed as part of their job requirements some level of blockchain knowledge.
TechieCast Jax Discussion
What to Expect of the CEBA Certification Content
Below is a short review of the course materials and what you need to know to pass the certification.
1. You were tested on the basics of blockchain such as how blocks are written, what a nonce is, permission based and permissionless blockchains,etc.
2. You were tested on blockchain use cases and how to success put together a whiteboard/proof of concept for a prospective customer. Review uses cases to help understand why a smart contract could be used.
3. You were expected to know the basics of Bitcoin, Ethereum and Hyperledger. I did not see anything on R3 Corda, Quantum, etc. Know discussion points for using Hyperledger over Ethereum and vice versa. Uses cases and technical merits are important to know for the exam.
4. The exam matched to what you should expect as a “pre sales” architect role should need to know.. As one who had previous roles in a pre sales mode selling millions in data storage solutions this would be the exact level an integrator or vendor should need. As a pre sales engineer you need to be able to understand the customer business requirements and translate them into a technical solution.
For example should the customer use a permission bases or permissionless blockchain based on their budget, infrastructure or performance requirements?
6. Know what some of the consensus algos are deeply…. Be able to identify Proof of Work, Proof of Stake, etc. Be able to compare and contrast PoW vs PoS… Be really good at this…
7. Understand the BFT… No its not a dance..Byzantine Fault Tolerance and why that was important issue to solve.
8. Know that tokens and coins can add value to a blockchain but are not critical to a blockchain especially if its a permissioned. Hyperledger does not have a native coin or token but you need to know how you can use Hyperledger as a use case.
9. Smart Contracts… ERC20 and ERC721…. Must know…Study this area if you not confident. So what is fungible and what is not…..
10. Terminology.. Know your terms such as ledgers, centralized vs decentralized, imutable and mutable, distributed, etc….
11. Get to know the Ethereum specific IDEs, programs, browsers, testnets etc. Mist, Remix, Ganache, Truffle..
12. When it comes to development know what a persona is, guiding principle and use stories.
TOP FIVE REASONS TO TAKE THE CEBA Certification NOW!
This is the first to market professional developed Blockchain exam.. It clearly had funding and effort put into unlike other blockchains certifications I have seen.
- Blockchains101 has several training options and certifications that could compliment this certification.
- Its written by experts that live, eat and breath blockchain. Kris Bennett is a great example of this expertise.
- If your a Pre Sales Architect, Solutions Engineer or even in technical sales then this course and certification is for you. The growth of the blockchain clearly is going to change the dynamics in specific verticals such as financials and government.
- Get you first blockchain certification before your coworkers to help distinguish your level of expertise. Fact is your job is going to be more competitive to keep.
- Demand is hot… Check out this Medium article by Hackernoon Blockchain jobs and salaries.
For those interested in the Certified Blockchain Developer – Hyperledger Certification (CBDH) please check this link
TAKING THE EXAM
Below is the link for the exam info. Its $299 dollars, includes full content and exam.
The link for the certification course is here on 101Blockchains ttps://academy.101blockchains.com/courses/certified-enterprise-blockchain-architect?ref=497691
Once you pass you will receive the certification! Congratulations!