Getting yourself enabled in FinOps is a critcal but also complimentary step in your career!
Cloud computing has become the de facto standard for IT infrastructure, and as a result, cloud costs have become a major concern for businesses of all sizes.
In 2023, the global cloud computing market is expected to reach $494.7 billion, and with that growth comes the need for businesses to find ways to manage their cloud costs effectively.
This is where FinOps comes in.
FinOps, or “Cloud Financial Operations” is the practice of bringing financial accountability to the variable spend model of cloud, enabling distributed teams to make business trade-offs between speed, cost, and quality.
To stay adept, enterprise professionals both technical and managerial today opt for top notch training and certifications such as the FinOps Certified Practitioner (FinOps) certification from the FinOps Foundation/Linux Foundation.
DevOps professionals are uniquely positioned to benefit from learning FinOps. As the people responsible for the entire software development lifecycle, DevOps professionals have a deep understanding of how cloud resources are used.
This knowledge can be leveraged to identify areas where costs can be optimized and to develop and implement cost-saving strategies.
In addition, DevOps professionals are often involved in the decision-making process around cloud adoption and usage.
This means that they have a unique opportunity to influence the way that cloud costs are managed within their organizations.
Here are some of the reasons why DevOps professionals must learn FinOps in 2023 and beyond:
- Cloud costs are on the rise. As more and more businesses move to the cloud, cloud costs are only going to go up. This means that businesses need to find ways to manage their cloud costs effectively in order to save money.
- FinOps is becoming increasingly important. As the cloud becomes more mainstream, businesses are under pressure to reduce their cloud costs. FinOps can help businesses achieve this goal by providing them with the tools and techniques they need to manage their cloud costs effectively.
- FinOps is a valuable skill for DevOps professionals. By learning FinOps, DevOps professionals can demonstrate their ability to manage cloud costs and help their organizations save money. This can make them more valuable to their employers and help them advance their careers.
If you’re a DevOps professional, I encourage you to learn FinOps in 2023. It’s a valuable skill that can help you save your organization money and advance your career.
Benefits of Learning FinOps
Here are some of the benefits of DevOps professionals learning FinOps:
- Increased visibility into cloud costs: FinOps provides DevOps professionals with the tools and techniques they need to track and analyze cloud costs. This allows them to identify areas where costs can be optimized.
- Improved cost management: FinOps helps DevOps professionals to develop and implement cost management strategies. This ensures that cloud costs are aligned with business goals and that they are not being wasted.
- Increased efficiency: FinOps can help DevOps professionals to streamline their cloud operations. This can lead to reduced costs and improved productivity.
- Enhanced compliance: FinOps can help DevOps professionals to ensure that their cloud deployments are compliant with internal and external regulations. This can help to protect their organizations from financial penalties.
If you’re a DevOps professional, I encourage you to learn FinOps and even get certified.
FinOps Certified Practitioner (FOCP): This is the official certification course from the FinOps Foundation. It covers the fundamentals of FinOps, including cloud cost management, budgeting, and forecasting.
What about Training Courses?
- FinOps Certified Professional (FCP) by FinOps Foundation: This is the most comprehensive FinOps course available. It covers all aspects of FinOps, from the basics of cloud financial management to advanced topics such as cost optimization and governance.
- Google Cloud FinOps Fundamentals by TechCommanders: This course provides a comprehensive introduction to FinOps. It covers the basics of cloud financial management, as well as how to use Google Cloud Platform to implement FinOps practices.
It’s an ever increasing valuable skill that can help you save your organization money, improve your efficiency, and enhance your compliance.
Find out more about the FinOps Certified Practitioner (FinOps) certification from the FinOps Foundation/Linux Foundation!
P.S. Getting FinOps Certified can even can help with your career plans as well!
The best way to pass the Cloud Computing interviews. Period.
Cloud InterviewACE is an online training program & professional community mentored by industry veteran Joseph Holbrook (“The Cloud Tech Guy“), a pre/post sales guru in cloud.
Learn to pass the technical and even soft skills interviews from the starting basics to advanced topics covering presales, post sales focused objectives such cloud deployment, cloud architecting, cloud engineering, migrations and more. resume tips, preparation strategy, common mistakes, mock interviews, technical deep-dives, must-know tips, offer negotiation, and more. AWS, GCP and Azure will be covered.
Fast-track your career now!
This changes your world, what are you waiting for!
We are TechCommanders…
experts in Next Generation Technology Training.
TechCommanders is an online training platform for both aspiring and veteran IT professionals interested in next generation IT Skills.
TechCommanders is led by Joseph Holbrook, a highly sought-after technology industry veteran.
TechCommanders offers blended learning which allows the students to learn on demand but with live training.
We love that you’re enjoying the cool stuff here. Our legal consultant tells us we should let you know that you should assume the owner of this website is an affiliate for people, business who provide goods or services mentioned on this website and in the videos or audio. The owner may be compensated and should be if you buy stuff from a provider. That said, your trust means everything to us and we don’t ever recommend anything lightly. Thank you