Architecting with Google Cloud Platform: Design and Process (2 Day)
Google Cloud Platform
This two day course is focused on providing expert guidance around build highly reliable and efficient solutions on Google Cloud Platform, using proven design patterns and the principles of Google Site Reliability Engineering (SRE).
Note: This course is an extension of the Architecting with Google Cloud Platform: Infrastructure course and assumes hands-on experience with the technologies covered in that course. Through a combination of presentations, demos, and hands-on labs, participants learn to design GCP deployments that are highly reliable and secure; and how to operate GCP deployments in a highly available and cost-effective manner.
It is specifically designed to answer the following questions:
- Identifying your cloud design requiremnents
- Site Recovery Engineering
- Gathering Requirements (SLO, SLA, SLIS)
- Mapping Compute and Storage resources to Google Cloud Platform Resources.
- Classifying and characterizing your data.
- Designing your network layer
- Integrating with On premises and other cloud providers
- Handling failures
- GCP Security Features
- Protecting against DDOS attacks
- Data Encryption
- Capacity Planning
- Pricing your deployments
- Deployments (Deployment Manager)
- Monitoring your GCP resources (Stackdriver)
- Handling Incident Response.
What you’ll learn in the Google Cloud Platform Cloud Architect Workshop:.
- Consider the entire range of Google Cloud Platform technologies in their plans.
- Comprehend the extensive Google Cloud Platform SRE basics
- Identification of storage needs and mapping to Google Cloud Platform storage systems
- Designing Microservices
- Learn methods to develop, implement, and deploy solutions.
- Deter attacks such as a DDOS attack
- Deal and respond to cloud failures
- Understand business continuity and disaster recovery, including restore strategy and data lifecycle management in GCP.
What are the pre requites of the course to be successful?
- Completion of Google Cloud Platform Fundamentals or equivalent experience
- Architecting with Google Cloud Platform: Infrastructure or have equivalent experience
- Basic proficiency with command-line tools and Linux operating system environments
- Systems Operations
experience, including deploying and managing applications, either on-premises
or in a public cloud environment
|DAY 1||Module||Subject||Start||End||Total Time (in hours)|
|02||SRE Basics – Defining the Cloud Services (SLO, SLA,SLI), Defining measurements.||09:30||12:30||03:00|
|04||Business Logic and Design – Microservices, Compute Requirements||13:30||15:00||01:30|
|05||Data Layer Design – Classifying and characterizing data. Data ingest and data migration.||15:00||16:30||01:30|
|05||Identification of storage needs and mapping to Google Cloud Platform storage systems.||16:30||17:00||00:30|
|DAY 2||Module||Subject||Start||End||Total Time (in hours)|
|06||Network Layer Design – Network Edge. Load Balancing||09:00||09:30||00:30|
|06||Design for resiliency, scalability, and disaster recovery||09:30||12:00||02:30|
|07||Design for security||12:00||13:00||01:00|
|07||Capacity planning and cost optimization||13:30||15:00||02:00|
|08||Deployment, monitoring and alerting, and incident response||15:30||17:00||01:30|