This customized course introduces students to the comprehensive and flexible infrastructure and platform services provided by Google Cloud Platform.
Through a combination of presentations, demos, and hands-on labs, participants explore and deploy solution elements, including infrastructure components such as networks, systems and applications services.
This course also covers deploying practical solutions including securely interconnecting networks, customer-supplied encryption keys, security and access management, quotas and billing, and resource monitoring.
It is specifically designed to answer the following questions:
- Why choose Google Cloud Platform?
- How Google Cloud Platform (GCP) Infrastructure works
- What does it take to design a GCP Cloud Infrastructure for an enterprise?
- What are Virtual Private Cloud (VPC), Projects, Networks, Subnetworks, IP addresses, Routes, Firewall rules?
- Virtual Private Cloud (VPC), Projects, Networks, Subnetworks, IP addresses, Routes, Firewall rules
- Organizations, Roles, Members, Service accounts, Cloud IAM best practices
- Subnetworks for resource management instead of physical network topology
- What are the options for migrating VMS to GCP?
- What are the options for migrating data storage to GCP?
- What are computing options available?
- What are the database options available?
- What are the options for developer tools around DevOps?
- What are Google Cloud Platforms best practices around enterprise deployment?
- What is IAM in GCP and how do we implement a secure cloud with Organizations, Roles, Members, Service accounts, Cloud IAM best practices
- What are the options for Infrastructure as Code?
- What are managed and unmanaged services in GCP?
- What are load balancing options around Managed Instance Groups, HTTPS load balancing, Cross-region and content-based load balancing, SSL proxy/TCP proxy load balancing, Network load balancing?
- What are the following services? Cloud Pub/Sub, API Management, Cloud Functions, Cloud Source Repositories, Specialty APIs application services?
- What is Google Stackdriver and its features Logging, Error Reporting, Tracing, Debugging?
- What role does Gsuite and Cloud Identity play in GCP?
- Google Cloud Certification Overview
What you’ll learn in the Google Cloud Platform Cloud Architect Workshop:.
- Consider the entire range of Google Cloud Platform technologies in their plans.
- Learn methods to develop, implement, and deploy solutions.
- Distinguish between features of similar or related products and technologies.
- Recognize a wide variety of solution domains, use cases, and applications.
- Develop essential skills for managing and administering solutions.
- Develop knowledge of solution patterns – methods, technologies, and designs that are used to implement security, scalability, high availability, and other desired qualities.
What are the pre requites of the course to be successful?
- Completion of Google Cloud Platform Fundamentals or equivalent experience
- Basic proficiency with command-line tools and Linux operating system environments
- Systems Operations
experience, including deploying and managing applications, either on-premises
or in a public cloud environment
|DAY 1||Module||Subject||Start||End||Total Time (in hours)|
|02||GCP Cloud Platform Infrastructure, Billing and Resource Management, GCP Cloud Hierarchy||09:30||12:30||03:00|
|03||Console, Cloud Shell and Gcloud||12:30||13:00||00:30|
|04||Networking in GCP (VPC, VPN, Firewalls) and Demo/Lab||13:30||15:00||01:30|
|05||Virtual Machines in GCP (Compute Engine, Kubenetes Engine, Cloud Functions and App Engine)||15:00||16:30||01:30|
|DAY 2||Module||Subject||Start||End||Total Time (in hours)|
|06||Data Storage Services||09:00||09:30||00:30|
|06||Data Storage Services, Migrating Data||09:30||12:00||02:30|
|07||Stackdriver Logging, Error Reporting, Tracing, Debugging||13:30||16:00||02:30|
|DAY 3||Module||Subject||Start||End||Total Time (in hours)|
|08||Load Balancing and Autoscaling||09:00||09:30||00:30|
|09||Infrastructure Automation (Deployment Manager)||09:30||10:30||01:00|
|10||Managed Services (Cloud Dataflow, Cloud Dataproc, etc)||10:30||11:00||00:30|
|11||GCP Application Development, Application Infrastructure Services, App Engine APIs and API Gateways||13:30||15:00||02:30|
|12||GCP Cloud Architecture Exercises and Whiteboards||15:00||16:30||01:30|
|13||Cloud Certification Overview||16:30||17:00||00:30|